Learn the fundamentals of using a sewing machine in this hands-on class
Join us at our creative studio in Redfern for our best-selling Introduction To Sewing Workshop. We'll guide you through your first sewing experience and you'll leave feeling proud and confident to take on further projects.
This is a small group class, ensuring you will have the right balance of personal attention and guidance throughout.
• Perfect for ultimate beginners with little or no previous sewing experience
• Learn how to set up and use a sewing machine correctly.
• Learn how to read a basic pattern and cut your fabric using the pattern
• Learn how to sew straight lines, back stitch, hem and secure your raw edges
• Use our professional tools for a precise and clean finish
• Be guided through the process by a highly experienced seamstress who will teach you best practices, ensuring you are developing good habits from the beginning.
✓ Fabric is included
✓ A pattern is included for you to take home
✓ Sewing machine hire is included at no extra cost
✓ Use our tools for a clean and precise finish at no extra cost
✓ Access to online step–by–step instructions of the class
✓ Complimentary water, tea, coffee, & biscuits
✕ Cushion insert not included but can be purchased on the day for $10
Can I bring my own machine?
Yes! Please ensure it is new or has been serviced in the last 12 months.
Where can I service my machine?
We recommend Castillo Machine Repairs, they come to you!
Can my child attend?
Children under 16 will need to attend a private 1:1 class as we run kids classes slightly different.
This class requires a minimum of four participants to go ahead. In the event minimum numbers are not reached, we will contact you with alternative dates to reschedule your booking.
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
Due to our high demand and limited number of spaces for private and group classes, all bookings are final and strictly non refundable. We are only able to reschedule your class pending you adhere to our rescheduling policy below:
• Rescheduling with more than 7 days notice will incur no additional charges
• Rescheduling with less than 7 days notice will result in 100% loss of booking unless we are able to find someone to fill your spot.
Our classes will go ahead as planned unless we are required by the government to close our studio. If we are required to close, we will be in touch to reschedule your session with as much notice as possible.
To read our cancellation & rescheduling policies in full, click here.