It doesn't need to be scary! Learn how to use your overlocker to it's full potential
So many people are daunted by the overlocker, and we totally understand why. With four threads and a double needle, it can be difficult to know where to start. This is why we've launched a private class for you to really get to grips with your overlocker.
In this session, we'll take you through all the dials, guide you through threading your machine and show you a few different stitches the overlocker can do. You will work on a simple cushion cover whilst getting to know your machine.
• Private Tuition, one on one guidance
• Learn how to thread your machine and repeat the steps until you feel confident
• Be guided through the capabilities of your overlocker
• Learn about the threads and when to use two/three/four thread spools
• Useful tips from your teacher
• Sew three different finishes (standard, narrow and rolled)
• Understand how and when to adjust the tension dials
• Practice sewing straight lines
• Create a simple cushion cover using the stitches and settings you've learned during the session
✓ Expert guidance from one of our talented seamstresses
✓ Fabric to practice on
✓ Fabric for the cushion cover
✓ Thread for the duration of the session
✓ Full use of our tools
• Your overlocker
• The overlocker Instruction manual.
• The foot pedal
• Any tools that came with your overlocker
• Although thread is supplied, we recommend bringing 4 spools of white overlocking thread so that you can leave with a fully threaded machine
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
Due to our high demand and limited number of spaces for private and group classes, all bookings are final and strictly non refundable. We are only able to reschedule your class pending you adhere to our rescheduling policy below:
• Rescheduling with more than 7 days notice will incur no additional charges
• Rescheduling with less than 7 days notice will result in 100% loss of booking unless we are able to find someone to fill your spot.
Our classes will go ahead as planned unless we are required by the government to close our studio. If we are required to close, we will be in touch to reschedule your session with as much notice as possible.
To read our cancellation & rescheduling policies in full, click here.