Learn how to draft your own pattern using a garment you already own
Join us at our studio in Redfern for this private 1:1 class where you'll learn how to draft your own pattern by using a garment you already own as a template. You will begin by assessing the garment you would like to replicate. Our experienced teacher will guide you through how to trace your garment to create a new pattern.
For those who just want to learn how to draft a pattern, please book one session (three hours).
For those who would like to progress to the sewing stages, you may want to consider booking multiple sessions in the booking calendar for a discounted rate.
This class is suitable for beginners who have no previous experience,
• Learn how to draft your own pattern, using a garment you already own as a template
• Be guided through the different tools required for pattern making
• Learn about the different symbols in pattern drafting
• Return for further sessions to sew the garment if you'd like
✓ Full use of our pattern drafting tools
✓ Pattern paper to create your pattern
✓ If you're progressing into the sewing stage, you'll have full access to our sewing machines and overlockers. Fabric will need to be supplied, this will be discussed with you in the first session.
✓ A garment to use as your template. You will use this garment to trace off a new pattern
✓ Fabric is not required for the first class, the first session always goes towards making the pattern. Your teacher will discuss which fabric to purchase at the end of your first session.
In the booking calendar, you'll have three options. We've explained them below:
• 1x 3hr Session
For Pattern Making only
• 4x 3hr Sessions (12 hrs total)
If you want to progress into sewing the garment after the pattern has been completed
• 7x 3hr Sessions (21 hrs total)
For pattern making and sewing complex garments.
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
Due to our high demand and limited number of spaces for private and group classes, all bookings are final and strictly non refundable. We are only able to reschedule your class pending you adhere to our rescheduling policy below:
• Rescheduling with more than 7 days notice will incur no additional charges
• Rescheduling with less than 7 days notice will result in 100% loss of booking unless we are able to find someone to fill your spot.
Our classes will go ahead as planned unless we are required by the government to close our studio. If we are required to close, we will be in touch to reschedule your session with as much notice as possible.
To read our cancellation & rescheduling policies in full, click here.