Learn all about setting up a sewing machine, preparing a pattern and sewing a garment in this hands-on class.
Join us at our creative studio in Redfern for our best-selling Introduction To Garment Making class. We'll guide you through your first sewing experience to create this stunning cardigan wrap. This pattern drapes beautifully and is perfect for beginners or those with little sewing knowledge.
Our class is limited to three students, ensuring you will have the right balance of personal attention and guidance throughout.
• Perfect for ultimate beginners who want to get into garment making
• Be guided through the pattern to understand what the symbols and coloured lines mean
• Learn how to cut your fabric by using the pattern
• Get familiar with the essential tools you'll need for garment making
• Be guided through how to set up and use a sewing machine
• An introduction to using the overlocker
• Learn how to sew fabric pieces together and top stitch
✓ Pattern Included for you to take home
✓ Sewing machine hire included at no extra cost
✓ Overlocker hire included at no extra cost
✓ Thread for your garment is included
✓ Complimentary water, tea, coffee & biscuits
✕ Fabric not included, please click the "Fabric" tab for more info
Fabric needs to be supplied by you for this class. You will find links to specific fabrics in your confirmation email.
Lurex Knit or a thick knitted fabric, Rayon or Dress Cotton.
Size 4 – 14 = Two meters of jersey knit fabric. The roll of fabric must be 120cm or wider. Ensure the fabric is plain or the pattern is non✓directional.
Size 16 – 22 = Three meters of jersey knit fabric. The roll of fabric must be 120cm or wider. Ensure the fabric is plain or the pattern is non✓directional.
This class requires a minimum of three participants to go ahead. In the event minimum numbers are not reached, we will contact you with alternative dates to reschedule your booking.
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
Due to our high demand and limited number of spaces for private and group classes, all bookings are final and strictly non refundable. We are only able to reschedule your class pending you adhere to our rescheduling policy below:
• Rescheduling with more than 7 days notice will incur no additional charges
• Rescheduling with less than 7 days notice will result in 100% loss of booking unless we are able to find someone to fill your spot.
Our classes will go ahead as planned unless we are required by the government to close our studio. If we are required to close, we will be in touch to reschedule your session with as much notice as possible.
To read our cancellation & rescheduling policies in full, click here.
Can't see a suitable date? We can run this class privately at a time that suits you. Click Here for more information on Private Classes.