Learn a multitude of sewing techniques by sewing a cardigan, dress and skirt
Join us at our creative studio for this four-part garment making course. This class has been curated for those wanting to dive a little deeper into garment making. We'll guide you through each step from preparing your fabric, cutting your pattern and setting up the sewing machine. You will learn how to read a pattern, install darts, sew on an overlocker, install two different types of pockets, hem, sew an elasticated waistband and more.
This small group workshop is limited to two students, giving you enough personal attention and help throughout each session. Suitable for beginners or those with little sewing knowledge.
• Learn all about how to follow a pattern in this course. You'll begin with the cardigan, the simplest of the three garments.
• Learn all about the symbols, coloured lines and words mean in each pattern
• Learn how to prepare your fabric for particular parts of the garment you're working on. E.g. interfacing pockets, overlocking, pinning & more.
• Be guided through the constructing process for each garment
• Learn how to set up the sewing machine if you have no previous experience
• Be introduced to the overlocker and learn how to sew on it
• Learn an array of sewing skills and techniques from interfacing, sewing pockets, binding arm holes, install an elasticated waistband
• Make minor adjustments if needed
• Expert guidance from a skilled seamstress throughout
✓ Full use of our sewing machines at no extra cost
✓ Full use of our overlockers at no extra cost
✓ Full use of our tools for a precise and clean finish
✓ Interfacing, thread, elastic and other bits included
✕ Fabric not included. Please see the fabric tab for more info.
Fabric and some haberdashery items will need to be supplied for each garment.
In your confirmation email, you will find:
✓ A list of suitable fabrics with links for your convenience
✓ Number of meterage and fabric info
✓ Recommendations on where to buy your fabric
✓ Options to purchase the fabrics directly from us
Can I bring my own machine?
Yes! Please ensure it is new or has been serviced in the last 12 months.
Where can I service my machine?
We recommend Castillo Machine Repairs, they come to you!
Can my child attend?
Children under 16 will need to attend a private 1:1 class as we run kids classes slightly different.
Have a question? Call us on 1300 375 084
This class is not affected by minimum numbers. Only one participant is required for this class to go ahead.
Cancellation & Rescheduling Policy
Due to our high demand and limited number of spaces for private and group classes, all bookings are final and strictly non refundable. We are only able to reschedule your class pending you adhere to our rescheduling policy below:
• Rescheduling with more than 7 days notice will incur no additional charges
• Rescheduling with less than 7 days notice will result in 100% loss of booking unless we are able to find someone to fill your spot.
Our classes will go ahead as planned unless we are required by the government to close our studio. If we are required to close, we will be in touch to reschedule your session with as much notice as possible.
To read our cancellation & rescheduling policies in full, click here.
Group (fixed day/time each week)
Choose your date and time below. You will return on the same day/time each week for a total of four weeks.
Choose the date/time of your first session below. Following sessions do not have to be the same date/time each week.